It is currently October 31st, 2014, 1:55 am Advanced search

Wi fi connect problems

Everything related to running XBMC for Linux on XIOS DS

Wi fi connect problems

Postby harrysmith » January 22nd, 2013, 5:10 pm

I am new to the pivos XIOS DS media box. I am having problems with the wifi connecting to networks . I updated the box's firmare to the newest version(010813) then i loaded the linux onto the box. this unit works fine with it wired. I am attaching a couple of pics to this post. This media box is the M3. I am wondering about the placement of the antenna . One of the pics is of the antenna placement. Is this the correct position?
Attachments
m3 apart (384x512).jpg
info for m3
m3 apart (384x512).jpg (116.53 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Last edited by harrysmith on January 22nd, 2013, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harrysmith

Re: Wi fi connect problems

Postby aasoror » January 22nd, 2013, 5:53 pm

How was Android working over wifi ?
What is your issues with Linux (can't connect or intermediate disconnections) ?
Since you opened the box any way, wont hurt repositioning the antenna.

The AIOS wiki - The AIOS Semiofficial firmwares
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby harrysmith » January 22nd, 2013, 6:32 pm

I never tried it with android. I am quite happy using this box as a standalone media centre. I looked at the antenna and it seems to be different then the one in the video. in the menu it shows the different access points and the signal strength for each one. I select mine - enter in the password and it will not connect. Does anyone have any ideas about this?
harrysmith

Postby aasoror » January 22nd, 2013, 6:36 pm

harrysmith » January 22nd, 2013, 8:32 pm wrote:I never tried it with android. I am quite happy using this box as a standalone media centre. I looked at the antenna and it seems to be different then the one in the video. in the menu it shows the different access points and the signal strength for each one. I select mine - enter in the password and it will not connect. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thats the linux driver issue (shouldn't be an issue on Android).
I suspect repositioning the antenna would make a difference (but you have nothing to lose).
PM me the serial number of your box.
Calling upon ALL AIOSers, your feedback is needed -- Calling upon ALL XIOSers, your feedback is needed
XIOS XBMC: Setup -- Keep the annoying XIOS developers happy, always attach a log with your bug report, here is how.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby johnnyb12 » January 22nd, 2013, 9:13 pm

Hey aasoror, the pic listed above is where my antenna was located when I opened up my M3 box. I could get it to connect to my wifi, but randomly lose my connection for no reason. Once I moved it to the front, my issues went away. The one problem though is the wire is fairly short. I could not get the antenna all the way to the front like I had hoped to. Anyways it now works flawlessly.
johnnyb12
Curious

Postby aasoror » January 22nd, 2013, 9:33 pm

johnnyb12 » January 22nd, 2013, 11:13 pm wrote: The one problem though is the wire is fairly short. I could not get the antenna all the way to the front like I had hoped to. Anyways it now works flawlessly.

I noticed that too, way shorter than the M1s.
I am checking back with manufacturing about this.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby ykhehra1 » January 22nd, 2013, 9:41 pm

M3 don't have same antenna as on M1, its metal strips hard glued with body not a sticker as on M1. But I also notice that on M3 capacitors near antenna are shielded with some kind of plastic film.
ykhehra1
Dedicated

Postby gemini002 » January 23rd, 2013, 8:30 am

i need this issue of not connecting to some routers resolved so i can push these boxes...pls fix soon
gemini002
Dedicated

Return to XBMC on XIOS DS (Linux)