Following will be a series of firmwares based on the latest official AIOS-FW- 184.108.40.206 (big thank you for the Asian team for the official release).
01/23/2014: R23.1 (requires R23)
Fixed YT app
For how-to on installation please check viewtopic.php?f=6&t=434&p=38347#p38347
Change log (from R22.3):
Added: USB storage redetection option (credit: kernel_panic)
Fixed: RSS Jukebox alignment
Change log: (from R22)
Added: YT+ (with "My Channels", use setup options to add manage channel list, added "most shared", "most responded" and "Trending videos", added ability to turn on/off seamless playback and full screen playback).
Added: iWeather weather app (press yellow button at home screen, press enter to switch between F/C, press arrows to cycle through the list, add to the city list from the setup menu)
Added: Home Screen redirection (disable all other menus first)
Added: Ability to enable/disable NFS scanning
Added: RMusic jukebox (credit: GeekyHMB).
Added: DMD-RMJ jukebox (credit: Martini(CZ)).
Added: Screen capturing.
Added: Horizontal menu navigation.
Fixed: SRJG compatibility with srt subs and multichannel audio.
Updated: RSS Jukebox (can now browse for jukebox location)
Updated: Transmission settings (can now browse for download location)
Download the file from here (use PANIC RECOVERY to apply the firmware).
FAQ-Firmware: How to reset firmware (force flash AKA panic recovery)?
1) Download the latest firmware file
2) Unzip and copy “INSTALL.IMG” file to the ROOT directory of a USB pen drive e.g. P:\install.img (assuming P is the drive letter for pen drive).
3) Do not turn on the Media Center
4) Connect the pen drive to the AIOS HD Media Center.
5) Set the REAR power switch to the OFF position and then Press the front Power Button for 5 seconds.
6) Turn ON the rear power switch while continue holding down the front Power Button for 5 more seconds.
7) Release the front power button.
8) Your TV MAY immediately turn black during the process. Please make sure DO NOT power off the AIOS HD Media Center and DO NOT REMOVE the pen drive.
*Note: to view the update process if your TV turns black, connect the composite cable should display the process.
9) Firmware update should take about 2-3 minutes and the Media Center should reboot after the process is finished.
A super short how to:
- To access the webremote go to "http://AIOS_IP/webremote/remote_h.php"
- To configure transmission (after updating to the latest version on optware via telnet), just go to Setting -> Network -> Download Location and set that to the drive you want transmission to work on (sda1, sdb1, sdc1 ...etc), be sure to disable/enable transmission for settings to take effect.
- To run SRJG jukebox, just keep a movie.jpg, movie_sheet.jpg and movie.nfo with each movie.avi. Open the "Jukebox -> config -> Movie path" and select the root folder of you movie collection. Keep everything at default value for now. build the jukebox by "Update Jukebox -> Rebuild". I will upload a thumbgen profile to automate the scrapping later today.
Best of luck.
Note: feel free to comment/suggest/report bugs, note that acknowledged bugs from release 220.127.116.11 (beside those fixed) are still pending and needn't be re-reported.
Need to update the bootcode ?
- Updates bootcode to version 18.
Pivos_BigC wrote:The new bootcode (18) changes the default resolution when booting and firmware force flashing the AIOS. That is the biggest change most of our users will notice.
It also includes technical bootloader enhancements (such as flash chip and ram compatibility). USB OTG mode enhancements are also included, but are purely technical as well.
Download the SO 18.104.22.168 R10 (with BC18) firmware from here (use PANIC RECOVERY to apply the firmware).