Everything related to running TOFU for Linux on XIOS XS

How to: Install TOFU Blur skin from the TOFULinux Addon Repo

Postby aasoror » March 24th, 2016, 5:02 pm

Open "System/Settings"

Select "Appearance"

Select the "Skin" entry

Select "Get more"

Browse the available skins and select "TOFU Blur"

Let the skin download (speed depends on your connection but the skin is about 40 MBs).

Allow it to install (takes about 6 minutes on the XS and, expectedly, twice as much on the DS)

Select "Yes"

Enjoy

aasoror
Pivos Employee

Re: How to: Install TOFU Blur skin from the TOFULinux Addon

Postby Tank_Killer » April 24th, 2016, 7:40 am

even after refreshing repo Blur doesn't show up for download for me
Tank_Killer
TOFUer

Postby dc1 » April 24th, 2016, 10:43 am

Tank_Killer » April 24th, 2016, 10:40 am wrote:even after refreshing repo Blur doesn't show up for download for me

I had that problem as well - the skin was marked as incompatible. I found this by unchecking the hide-incompatible add-ons on the 'settings menu to the left of the add-on screen'.

I would be really interest to find out if you are having the same problem as I could not track this one down ...
dc1
TOFUer

Postby aasoror » April 24th, 2016, 4:53 pm

Yeah dc1 has been having the same issue, logs didn't show much though.
It would be great if you can capture logs, there should be an entry saying why the addon is not compatible.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby vengent » April 30th, 2016, 2:41 pm

Having this same problem, but my hide incompatible option is greyed out, cannot change it.

Any new word on it? I haven't troubleshot this box in awhile, so not sure exactly which log, but point me at it and i'll contribute a datapoint.

Edit: figured it out - http://xbmclogs.com/pc8ax3um2 I see nothing useful at all in there?

That's downloading kodi upload, enabling debugging, rebooting, navigating to system, appearance, skin, get more. (repeating a couple times).

escaping, programs, kodi uploader.

Edit2: - instead of going via system/appearance, I went through addons, install from repo, tofulinux comp, lookandfeel/skin and now I was able to disable the "hide incompatible".

I see TOFU Blur in the list, but it is indeed marked incompatible.

Addon Information says "Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact add-on author."

Edit3: - this is on newly flashed tofulinux 031116, and had debug logging on while doing the edit2 actions, nothing useful in there either.
vengent
Curious

Postby dc1 » April 30th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Thanks for "Edit2:" I forgot to mention that I had to go through the addons/look and feel to disable the "hide incompatible" setting.

The log looks very familiar too .. no real breadcrumbs to follow.

vengent » April 30th, 2016, 5:41 pm wrote:Having this same problem, but my hide incompatible option is greyed out, cannot change it.

Any new word on it? I haven't troubleshot this box in awhile, so not sure exactly which log, but point me at it and i'll contribute a datapoint.

Edit: figured it out - http://xbmclogs.com/pc8ax3um2 I see nothing useful at all in there?

That's downloading kodi upload, enabling debugging, rebooting, navigating to system, appearance, skin, get more. (repeating a couple times).

escaping, programs, kodi uploader.

Edit2: - instead of going via system/appearance, I went through addons, install from repo, tofulinux comp, lookandfeel/skin and now I was able to disable the "hide incompatible".

I see TOFU Blur in the list, but it is indeed marked incompatible.

Addon Information says "Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact add-on author."

Edit3: - this is on newly flashed tofulinux 031116, and had debug logging on while doing the edit2 actions, nothing useful in there either.
dc1
TOFUer

Postby aasoror » May 3rd, 2016, 10:37 am

dc1 » April 30th, 2016, 7:14 pm wrote:Thanks for "Edit2:" I forgot to mention that I had to go through the addons/look and feel to disable the "hide incompatible" setting.

The log looks very familiar too .. no real breadcrumbs to follow.

OK, I could finally replicate this on a "factory-reset"ed XS, I can confirm side loading worked just fine for blur, so it seems there is an issue with the repo on the CDN.

Looking into it.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby aasoror » May 3rd, 2016, 12:06 pm

aasoror » May 3rd, 2016, 1:37 pm wrote:
OK, I could finally replicate this on a "factory-reset"ed XS, I can confirm side loading worked just fine for blur, so it seems there is an issue with the repo on the CDN.

Looking into it.

Give it a try now guys
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby dc1 » May 4th, 2016, 6:07 am

aasoror » May 3rd, 2016, 3:06 pm wrote:
Give it a try now guys

Tried but failed -- gets to 57/58% and then resets to 0% with a quick 1-100% display (as it cleans up) which is the same behaviour that I saw before.
dc1
TOFUer

Postby aasoror » May 4th, 2016, 7:41 am

dc1 » May 4th, 2016, 9:07 am wrote:
Tried but failed -- gets to 57/58% and then resets to 0% with a quick 1-100% display (as it cleans up) which is the same behaviour that I saw before.

Thanks for the feedback dc1.
mmm ... once download kicks off then its no longer a repo issue must be something else (IIRC your issue also persisted when sideloading the skin) !! the issue tackled here was the "uninstallable/hidden because of incompatibility" and I think this is now sorted out.
@vengent and @Tank_Killer can you confirm ?
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Next

Return to TOFULinux on XIOS XS