It is currently December 14th, 2017, 7:27 pm Advanced search

ADDON: TOFULinux Maintenance Tool

Everything related to running TOFU for Linux on XIOS XS

ADDON: TOFULinux Maintenance Tool

Postby snappy46 » February 2nd, 2016, 6:37 pm

Here's an extension of the firmware installation addon. Since it does a little more than just installing firmware I choose to create a new topic for it. Beside it makes it easier to collect feedbacks/issues if it resides in a separate topic. It should also be noted that although this is posted in the XS thread it can also be used on the DS. TOFULinux OS 080115 or later is needed for proper operation.

If you can think of any other options for this tool that might be useful just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

To use just unzip the file to your XIOS player userdata/addon directory; reboot you device and it should be visible under the program selection ... Sorry no repository available for this addon. Source code is also provided for those interested.

To Pivos: I shamelessly used your TOFULinux logo. If you have an issue with that just let me know and I will remove it.

Enjoy.

Addon Link: script.module.tofulinux.tool.zip

Addon Source code: https://github.com/snappy46/TOFULinux-Maintenance-Tool

Screenshot:
snappy46
Dedicated

Re: TOFULinux Maintenance Tool (Kodi AddOn)

Postby aasoror » February 2nd, 2016, 8:26 pm

Thanks for putting this together Snappy, and yes you can certainly use the TOFULinux logo :)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby dc1 » February 3rd, 2016, 9:03 am

snappy46 » February 2nd, 2016, 9:37 pm wrote:Here's an extension of the firmware installation addon. Since it does a little more than just installing firmware I choose to create a new topic for it. Beside it makes it easier to collect feedbacks/issues if it resides in a separate topic. It should also be noted that although this is posted in the XS thread it can also be used on the DS. TOFULinux OS 080115 or later is needed for proper operation.

If you can think of any other options for this tool that might be useful just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

<<<SNIP>>>

How about options to clean the media DBs (found elsewhere I know but it would collect maintenance tasks in one place). You could also create a 'backup tofo-data' as well to copy the directory on the SD card.
dc1
TOFUer

Postby snappy46 » February 3rd, 2016, 10:21 am

dc1 » February 3rd, 2016, 8:03 am wrote:How about options to clean the media DBs (found elsewhere I know but it would collect maintenance tasks in one place). You could also create a 'backup tofo-data' as well to copy the directory on the SD card.

Hi dc1,

Thanks for the suggestions; based on the licencing on some of those addon I might just be able to use a py module that already exist to do that ??? I will take into consideration and add it to the wish list.... 8-).
snappy46
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » February 3rd, 2016, 11:14 am

dc1 » February 3rd, 2016, 11:03 am wrote: You could also create a 'backup tofo-data' as well to copy the directory on the SD card.

Side note, you can't properly access userdata (be it internal or redirect to mSD card) without terminating the main XBMC/Kodi process.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby spager » February 3rd, 2016, 7:49 pm

Looks really nice. Looking forward to testing this addon this weekend.
spager
TOFUer

Re: ADDON: TOFULinux Maintenance Tool

Postby Zamboni » March 16th, 2016, 6:33 am

Thanks for your hard work on this Snappy46. Unfortunately Dropbox has frozen your account for too much traffic, is the file hosted anywhere else?
Zamboni
Hardcore

Re: ADDON: TOFULinux Maintenance Tool

Postby aasoror » March 16th, 2016, 7:30 am

Zamboni » March 16th, 2016, 8:33 am wrote:Thanks for your hard work on this Snappy46. Unfortunately Dropbox has frozen your account for too much traffic, is the file hosted anywhere else?

Here you are ..
script.module.tofulinux.tool.zip
Snappy's TOFULinux maintenance tool addon
(174.52 KiB) Downloaded 2757 times
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Re: How to: Update DS using TOFULinux Maintenance Tool

Postby Cheadstina » March 19th, 2016, 5:24 am

I had to copy the files to this directory:

/media/sdcard/tofu-data/userdata/xios/root/.kodi/addons/

I used WCP.

Then the tool showed up under Programs after a restart of the DS.
Cheadstina
Curious

Re: How to: Update DS using TOFULinux Maintenance Tool

Postby aasoror » March 19th, 2016, 9:38 am

Cheadstina » March 19th, 2016, 8:24 am wrote:I had to copy the files to this directory:

/media/sdcard/tofu-data/userdata/xios/root/.kodi/addons/

I used WCP.

Then the tool showed up under Programs after a restart of the DS.

You actually could have just installed the addon using the "install from zip" option (browsing to wherever you have the .zip file copied).
Regardless, as of 031116 firmware the addon comes pre-installed :)
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Next

Return to TOFULinux on XIOS XS