It is currently October 15th, 2018, 5:25 am Advanced search

SRJG Movie Jukebox for the AIOS

Product usage Guides and Tips.. see what you are missing!

SRJG Movie Jukebox for the AIOS

Postby aasoror » July 2nd, 2012, 11:21 pm

Task: Creating a fully functional jukebox on the AIOS.
Difficulty: Low
Creativity: Low
Applicable to: Semiofficial firmware 3.0.1.7 R20+

Setup:
- Unless your media is local to the AIOS, you must first setup share shortcuts on your AIOS (see here for how to)
- You must also create the required sheets using the AIOS_SRJG_JB thumbgen profile (see here for how to).

Building the Jukebox:
- Open the "Jukebox -> config -> Movie path" and select the root folder of you movie collection. Set the nfo, poster and sheet paths to "MoviesPath" and "use imdb" to "no". Keep everything else at default value for now. build the jukebox by "Update Jukebox -> Rebuild".

Building the Jukebox with autoscrapping:
- You can skip the thumbgen step if you wish to do autoscrapping (but then you are stuck with the default sheet layout of SRJG).
- Open the "Jukebox -> config -> Movie path" and select the root folder of you movie collection. Set the nfo, poster and sheet paths to "SRJG" and "use imdb" to "yes". Keep everything else at default value for now. build the jukebox by "Update Jukebox -> Rebuild".
- It does take time (increasing the number of simultaneous downloads might speedup things) and be sure to name the files properly for more successful scrapping.

Updating the Jukebox
Open the "Jukebox -> config -> Update Jukebox -> fast"

For more info about the SRJG project (excellent piece of work) ..

Enjoy
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Re: SRJG Movie Jukebox for the AIOS

Postby jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 5:00 pm

I'm probably going to tackle this. However I have to ask about the steps in the links. The one that is quite long and at the end of it the difference is not using VI, etc.

Is there a way we can put just the steps we need now in this thread?
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby aasoror » July 3rd, 2012, 5:40 pm

jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 8:00 pm wrote:Is there a way we can put just the steps we need now in this thread?

Which thread do you mean ? the networked shortcuts ? If your source is networked you need every step mentioned in the linked thread. But you are already past that, didn't you manage to get the network shortcuts running ?

Or do you mean the scrapping thread (simple movie wall) ? if so then the steps in linked thread is as minimal as it can get.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 5:44 pm

Did the .sh file and made it executable for my 2 NAS drives. Something we worked hard on before but did succeed.

Ran Thumbgen with the relevant config file to generate the thumbnails, nfo's, etc.

Stuck at this:
Jukebox -> config -> Movie path" and select the root folder of you movie collection

How do I tell the jukebox where my movies are?

Cycle through the file folder structure to /tmp/ramfs/volumes/NAS2?
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 5:59 pm

Almost worked. I have a small little box in the upper left corner of my display with the jukebox information. Doesn't matter if I pick sheet, 2x6, 3x8. Stays that little box up in the upper left corner.
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby aasoror » July 3rd, 2012, 6:23 pm

jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 8:59 pm wrote:Almost worked. I have a small little box in the upper left corner of my display with the jukebox information. Doesn't matter if I pick sheet, 2x6, 3x8. Stays that little box up in the upper left corner.

Did you verify that thumbgen generated the proper files "name_sheet.jpg, name.jpg and name.nfo" ?
Also did you "rebuild" the jukebox from the configuration menu before opening it ?
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 6:28 pm

Rebuilt.

I'll attach the graphic of what thumbgen built.

Going through NFS shares works by the way. That is good news. I can see the movie sheet, etc. all full screen.

The little window in the upper left corner appears to be displaying all the information. Hard to tell exactly as its small. It changes when I go to gerne, date, etc.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.88 KiB) Viewed 14800 times
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 6:39 pm

I keep saying upper left corner. I am sorry. It is the upper right corner of my tv/display. Doing too much at the same time.

Upper RIGHT.....
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 6:43 pm

Definitely need to have each movie in a series in its own folder. Otherwise the sheets, etc., get over written and only apply to one move in the multiple movie folder.
jsmiddleton4
Hardcore

Postby aasoror » July 3rd, 2012, 8:00 pm

You are using the wrong profile.
Should be using AIOS_SRJG_JB.

jsmiddleton4 » July 3rd, 2012, 9:28 pm wrote:Rebuilt.

I'll attach the graphic of what thumbgen built.

Going through NFS shares works by the way. That is good news. I can see the movie sheet, etc. all full screen.

The little window in the upper left corner appears to be displaying all the information. Hard to tell exactly as its small. It changes when I go to gerne, date, etc.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Next

Return to AIOS Guides & Tips