It is currently August 17th, 2018, 9:12 pm Advanced search

Movie Jukebox for the AIOS

Product usage Guides and Tips.. see what you are missing!

Movie Jukebox for the AIOS

Postby aasoror » January 3rd, 2012, 8:29 am

Task: Creating a fully functional jukebox on the AIOS.
Difficulty: Moderate
Creativity: Low
Applicable to: Semiofficial firmware 2.8.3.2 R15+

Setup:
- Unless your media is local to the AIOS, you must first setup share shortcuts on your AIOS (see here for how to)
- You must also create the required sheets using AIOS_JB thumbgen profile (see here for how to)
- Get the modded version of TViXiE2Playon!HD (attached)

TViXiE2Playon!HD
- I have preped this version to pickup exactly were Thumbgen left, everything will be done invisible to you, yet there is two crucial things that must be manually handled.
- You MUST run the program as administrator, else it will delete all your movie covers.
- You MUST setup the proper paths for the jukebox to run.

TViXiE2Playon!HD ... The Parameters
To understand this, remember that though you are building the jukebox on your windows machine and the jukebox files will reside with the media (mostly over the network) yet this all means nothing to the AIOS, the AIOS will need a reachable path for the jukebox driver (category.rss) wherever you placed the data.

With that said, lets build up on our very first task expressed here. To sum up, the we had our movies residing in /Movies/En Movies, which was on volume_2 of the NAS where volume_2 is our entry point to the drive (volume 2 is shared and then you traverse from there).
At the end of our example we created a script that auto starts and mounts our media in two locations:
- volume_2 was mapped to /tmp/ramfs/volumes/NAS2/ and then from this share a symlink was created to further enable direct access to "En Movies".
- So if we are going to create a jukebox for the content of "En Movies", the jukebox folder will reside under that directory, and inside it is the category.rss which we need.
- For the example above, the full path for category.rss as viewed from the AIOS would be /tmp/ramfs/volumes/NAS2/Media/En Movies/Jukebox/category.rss
- Now that we have the path figured out, we need to make sure TViXiE2Playon!HD (running on your computer) will be not only be able to access the "En Movies" folder from your PC but will be able to also create the path required for the AIOS to run the jukebox.
- remember the first part of the path (in bold) is a mapped path on the AIOS so you can't use this path to access the "En Movies" folder from your PC.
- To solve this TViXiE2Playon!HD splits the path into two, the mapped part and the real part.
mapped part is: /tmp/ramfs/volumes/NAS2/
real part is: /Media/En Movies/Jukebox/category.rss
- Problem now is /Media/En Movies/Jukebox/category.rss isn't the full path to the jukebox from your windows machine, remember the actual real path should be //192.168.1.1/Volume_2/Media/En Movies/Jukebox/category.rss.
- To get around this you can just crate a windows mapped drive to hide any extras without losing access to the real path or messing up the AIOS jukebox path. so we will just map //192.168.1.1/Volume_2/Media as Z: then we finally figured out the two TViXiE missing parameters:
Code: Select all
- Place Jukebox Folder in: Z:\En Movies
- POHD Jukebox Path : /tmp/ramfs/volumes/NAS2/Media/

When TViXiE is creating the jukebox it will simply drop the mapped drive letter and concatenate the two paths.
This certainly takes longer to explain that to actually do it ;)

Adding the Jukebox to the AIOS (R22.3 or later)
- Enable the jukebox (Setup -> Video Menu -> RSS Jukebox).
- Open video menu
- Press add new jukebox (green remote box)
- Browse to the location of the jukebox (category.rss) and select it
- Enter a name for the new jukebox
- Done

Adding the Jukebox to the AIOS (pre R22.3)
Now the last part is to add the new jukebox to the Jukebox APP on the AIOS, you can either use the TV to add the path (/tmp/ramfs/volumes/NAS2/Media/En Movies/Jukebox/category.rss) or open the following file from telnet /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/IMS_Modules/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss

Add the following near the end of it (below the last item):
Code: Select all
 <item>
            <title>My First Jukebox</title>
            <link>rss_file:///tmp/ramfs/volumes/NAS2/Media/En Movies/Jukebox/category.rss</link>
 </item>

How would that change if the movie files are actually on the AIOS HDD ?
Not that much ...
jjrooster » May 30th, 2012, 6:33 pm wrote:- Enable Samba on the AIOS, note the IP and map that network drive on your PC
- Using TViXie you navigate to your AIOS movie folder for the step "Place Jukebox Folder in"
- For "POHD Jukebox Path" you select "/tmp/usbmounts/sda1/"
- and then add a few individual files to test (or your entire Movies folder) and Build Menu etc.

Enjoy ...

Understanding the Jukebox Views ..
You can change the density/layout of the sheets by changing the templates (before creating the jukebox files).

PhotoView (defaults at 2x5) can be set to : 2x6, 2x7, 2x8, 3x8, 3x9, 4x10, 4x11, 5x12, 5x13, 5x14, 6x15, 6x16 and 6x17

PhotoFocusView (defaults 1x7) can be set to: 1x5 and 1x9

MovieSheetView (defaults 1x5) can be set to: 1x7 and 1x9

MovieWallView (fixed).
Attachments
TViXiE2Playon!HD4AIOS.rar
modded TViXiE for AIOS
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 1197 times
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Re: Movie Jukebox for the AIOS

Postby bluemeane » January 3rd, 2012, 11:01 am

So I am confused a bit by the "building and residing on your windows machine"

I have NO files on my network or machine, just on the aios. Will it still work??
bluemeane
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » January 3rd, 2012, 11:04 am

bluemeane wrote:So I am confused a bit by the "building and residing on your windows machine"

I have NO files on my network or machine, just on the aios. Will it still work??

Yup it will work just fine, you will just need to map the AIOS drive on your windows machine so the jukebox builder can run.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby bluemeane » January 3rd, 2012, 11:06 am

And by jukebox builder you mean thumbgen right? (Just want to make sure I understand lol)
bluemeane
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » January 3rd, 2012, 11:13 am

bluemeane wrote:And by jukebox builder you mean thumbgen right? (Just want to make sure I understand lol)

Nope, thumbgen will just get us the sheets, the application attached (TiVixiE) will but the sheets together and build the jukebox.
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby bluemeane » January 3rd, 2012, 11:58 am

So I can skip "- You must first setup share shortcuts on your AIOS (see here for how to)" as I don't have any networked drives with movies right?
bluemeane
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » January 3rd, 2012, 12:19 pm

bluemeane wrote:So I can skip "- You must first setup share shortcuts on your AIOS (see here for how to)" as I don't have any networked drives with movies right?

yup, just map the drive to your windows machine and run thumbgen,
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby bluemeane » January 3rd, 2012, 1:09 pm

aasoror wrote:
bluemeane wrote:So I can skip "- You must first setup share shortcuts on your AIOS (see here for how to)" as I don't have any networked drives with movies right?

yup, just map the drive to your windows machine and run thumbgen,

Thumbgen and the other application right? "modded version of TViXiE2Playon!HD"

Is there a step by step somewhere? Or am I just having a hard time reading the info above (A possibility as I on on some serious pain meds due to a car accident last week :( )
bluemeane
Dedicated

Postby aasoror » January 3rd, 2012, 1:45 pm

Lets start one step at time, it will very easy for you because the media is on the AIOS HDD.
So did you finish the thumbgen step yet ?

bluemeane wrote:Thumbgen and the other application right? "modded version of TViXiE2Playon!HD"

Is there a step by step somewhere? Or am I just having a hard time reading the info above (A possibility as I on on some serious pain meds due to a car accident last week :( )
aasoror
Pivos Employee

Postby bluemeane » January 3rd, 2012, 3:22 pm

lol I wish (I am at work for another 15 mins.) I will post here once I have completed that step :D
bluemeane
Dedicated

Next

Return to AIOS Guides & Tips