Had an unknown genre after archiving a few disks and wanted to walk through the steps to correct it.
1. Go to the movie(s) in the "Unknown" genre to identify which movies are in "Unknown".
2. Read the genre name in the NFO files for those film(s).
(For me and I can't fathom who was thinking this but it was Jack Black's Nacho Libre and one of its genres is "Sports Film".)
3. Look in en_Grpgenre file and add the new genre type to the en_Grpgenre file. Hit enter to create end of line marker at end of new genre listing.
5. Send new en_Grpgenre file to relevant SRJG Language folder/directory.
6. Open SRJG and do Full rebuild of jukebox.
7. Unknown gone and that completely fully centered on "sports" "Sports Film" Nacho Libre is now in the Sports genre and I have no "Unknown".
The other option is to change Sports Film in the movie's NFO to something I already have in my genre files, Sport or Sports, or delete it all together, save the new nfo, go back into SRJG, rebuild the jukebox. If I deleted "Sports Film" in the NFO file, leave "Comedy" and rebuild the jukebox then Nacho Libre would be in the one genre category it really belongs in, Comedy. The Unknown would be gone because SRJG would not see a genre type, "Sports Film" that was not listed in my genre files. "Sports Film" is gone gone gone.....
Next up for me is to get the genre icons into the same format of the existing ones. Have the basic steps by reading "How to create mirror image effect" threads. Appears Photoshop was used to make the originals. Can be done with PaintNet, etc., as well. Still not sure what the font is though on the originals.